John K. Bell, FCPA, FCA, ICD.D
Canadian Public Companies:
Strongco Corporation (TSX-SQP)
One of Canada’s largest multiline equipment distributors selling and renting mobile equipment for construction, road building, mining and forestry industries.
Canopy Growth Corporation (TSX-WEED)
Its wholly owned subsidiaries, Tweed Inc., Tweed Farms Inc., and Bedrocan Canada Inc. are leading Canadian producers of medical marijuana under the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR).
U.S. Public Companies:
Delmar Pharmaceuticals Inc.(NASDAQ:DMPI)
Delmar Pharmaceuticals develops and commercializes proven cancer therapies in new orphan drug indications where patients are failing modern targeted or biologic treatments.
Canadian Crown Corporation:
Royal Canadian Mint
A $3 billion Canadian Crown Corporation producing circulation coins for Canada and other countries as well as collector coins, medals, bullion and related refinery products.
Current Community Roles:
"Entrepreneur in Residence" at the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario.
Presidents Advisory Council at Wilfred Laurier University.
Past Executive and Management Experience:
- CEO and owner, Shred-Tech Limited, a world leader in recycling technology and mobile document shredding. Read the Shred-Tech/Onbelay success story »
- CEO and owner, Polymer Technologies Inc., a $125 million tier two auto parts manufacturer. Read the Polymer Technologies/Onbelay success story »
- Acting CEO and Board Member, ATS Automation Tooling Systems, $600 million global designer and manufacturer of automation for healthcare, solar and automotive industries. Read the ATS/Onbelay success story »
- Lead investor and Chairman of BSM Wireless (TSX-V:GPS). First investing in 2006, he led board and management renewal leading to substantial and profitable growth before successfully exiting in 2014.
- Board member and Audit Chair, Tuckamore Capital Management Inc, formerly Newport Inc. A $700M portfolio of Canadian private businesses representing a diverse cross-section of the Canadian economy.
- Chairman, Cambridge Memorial Hospital, a community hospital with $100 million budget and 1,200 employees.
- Chairman, Waterloo Regional Police Commission, with $100 million budget and 1,000 employees.
- Chairman, Canada’s Technology Triangle (CTT) Accelerator Network.
- Co -Chair, Region of Waterloo Prosperity Council.
- Board Member, Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan, $30 billion of pension assets.
- Board Member and Secretary, Crohn's and Colitis Canada.
- Other - member and executive of various other private companies and not-for-profit boards.